Tuesday, August 25, 2009

No more Blanket!

Those of you that know Daxon know that his green blanket is his Best Friend and his comforter. Every time he had the blanket he would suck his 2 fingers. I used to think it was cute until I tried to get him to stop. It's not like cutting the nipple off a Binky.
A couple of weeks ago we were out side with some friends. Than was playing hide Daxon's blanket from him. Finally he lots interest and left to play with the other kids. So Than handed me the blanket when we went in. I decided to hide it and pretend it was lost. That night he told me he couldn't find his blanket. So we looked everywhere. We even looked out side in he bike seat. He was sad! I told him we would look for it tomorrow. So he went to bed. The next day he asked through out the day and every time he asked we would look.
He finally just came to terms that it wasn't coming back!
Karl asked him the other day if he had found his blanket and he said" no it's just lost!" He is doing fine without it and since then he hasn't sucked his fingers! Hooray! I feel bad doing it but I'm trying to save his teeth.
Now that that's out of the way on to Potty Training! Wish me luck!
I Love You Daxon Please Forgive Me When You Find Out Some Day! :)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

aubri said...

I've heard that's the best way to get rid of those things. What a good boy to handle it so well:)

Torgersons said...

HAHAHA that's hilarious. By the way, sucking your fingers only gives you an overbite once your permanent teeth come in, so you totally could have waited for a few years :) just kidding. I only know these things because I sucked my fingers until 7th grade and paid for it by wearing a head gear. I try to forget about those times.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

oh the fun.. Mine doesnt have a "blankie" but she sure sucks her thumb.. I am still trying to figure a way to break her!! way to go though!!

Gary and Julie said...

I always love to look at your blog...so put together:) You look so cute with that little belly! I miss you guys so much...wish we could make it out there:( I'm so sorry.

Lenae said...

Dani was sucking her fingers like that the other day, and I totally thought of Dax. :)

Erin said...

It's true you gotta do what you gotta do. Let me know if you figure out something good for potty training. :)

Rachel Doyle said...

Whatever works I say -- I am trying to get rid of bottles at my house before the new baby arrives in December -- it makes me sad, but I know it must be done!

Doug and Laura said...

Good job! I know that would be hard. Way to go! It was good to talk to you this week.

Thedailydansie said...

He is so cute! Your little pregnant self is so cute too. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and I hope that you can have an epidural. Does this little girl have a name?

Gary and Julie said...

Your'e hilarious Les! Dax will forgive you=) I'm starting to make Navi a few little things, miss you guys!

Kit said...

OH I remember that green blankie! Good luck on potty training. I am terrified to do it with Roscoe. Definitely waiting til long after the babe comes.

Hey would you do me a favor and let Laura Klarman know that I can't get onto her blog. I really want to check up on how she is doing. Thanks
kristinpatten24@yahoo.com

*/ Jillian said...

what a trick! I bet it was so hard for you to pretend like you were looking for it! So funny. You look adorable prego like usual!